Thursday, June 19, 2014

      Colleen's path since graduating in 2007:



          So my desire after graduation was to build a business out of my home...
                          sharing the joy of music of music with young children and their families...
                                           which I did and have been doing since.  Not the most financially
                                                            rewarding job... but so rewarding in many other ways.




My own children have kept me busy whether it's emotional stress through difficult times or just 
driving, time, and support of their endeavors during good times.  So the afterschool teaching a couple days a week only lasted about three years before I had to bow out to be completely available for them after school gets out. 




But mornings are good for EARLY CHILDHOOD music such as Music Together family classes which is so much fun to me. I have also taught classes at bookstores and preschools and hope to have a job at a nearby preschool teaching music soon.  Teaching out of the home in the mornings hasn't proven to be a reliable source of income. My husband calls it an expensive hobby.  I believe in doing what you are called by joy to do... so I really hope I can keep my employment where my heart is :)




No comments: